Sometimes wanting to make a difference is all it takes. At Blanchard Valley Center we choose to make a difference every single day, one person at a time. And we need people like you – difference makers – to join our team.
We consistently have positions in both professional and non-professional sectors as well as a myriad of volunteer opportunities. From teachers to student aids, from groundskeepers to reception, we may have just the right career for you. As a member of our team, you WILL make a difference.
For current job openings see the list below.
To apply for a position, Click HERE
- Substitute Teacher position to work with students with Developmental Disabilities. Must have clean background check, good driving record, High School Diploma and be able to obtain ODE Certification.
- Substitute Classroom Aide position to work with students with Developmental Disabilities. Must have clean background check, good driving record, High School Diploma and be able to obtain ODE Certification.
- Clerical Substitute position to work on-call doing light clerical duties including answering phone and managing visitors to BVC. Must have clean background check, good driving record, High School Diploma and able to pass a physical and drug screen.
- Substitute one on one Aides for the 2018-19 School Year.
- Substitute Instructors and Substitute Instructor Assistants for the 2018-19 School Year.
- Full-Time Community Support Coordinator: Primarily evenings and weekends.This position focuses on Blanchard Valley Center's mission by moving forward community participation, by promoting, growing and expanding Blanchard Valley Center’s recreation program and its participants. Coordinates and provides opportunities for individuals to participate in social groups that will increase the skills need to promote community integration.
Pay based on experience
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Sick, Vacation, Personal and Holidays
Must have a high school diploma, valid driver’s license, insurable by the agency's insurance carrier, maintain current CPR/FA certification and Medication Administration
A young man is walking along the ocean and sees a beach on which thousands and thousands of starfish have washed ashore. Further along he sees an old man, walking slowly and stooping often, picking up one starfish after another and tossing each one gently into the ocean.
“Why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?” he asks.
“Because the sun is up and the tide is going out and if I don’t throw them further in they will die.”
“But, old man, don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it? You can’t possibly save them all, you can’t even save one-tenth of them. In fact, even if you work all day, your efforts won’t make any difference at all.”
The old man listened calmly and then bent down to pick up another starfish and threw it into the sea. “It made a difference to that one.”