The Clearwater COG is now accepting applications for the following position.
PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
SPECIAL OLYMPICS LOCAL COORDINATOR
Summary of Duties: This is a professional position responsible for the developing, planning, organizing, and controlling the business affairs of the Crawford and Morrow County Special Olympics program to ensure that practices are in accordance with applicable state and local policies and procedures. This position is responsible for attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries on the phone and in-person. The individual in this position supplies information regarding the organization to the general public, individuals, providers, and county boards and also completes other administrative tasks and assignments.
- Maintains organizational membership and accreditation of the Crawford and Morrow County Special Olympics programs and provides needed information to Special Olympics Ohio.
- Maintains and files all needed information for Special Olympics Ohio, such as, sports directory information, Delegation List, Tournament Entry Form, etc.
- Develops schedules for the various athletic events at Crawford CB and Morrow CB, such as, volleyball, basketball, softball, track and field, bocce, soccer, bowling, flag football, etc.
- Recruits coaches for Crawford CB and Morrow CB and makes recommendations for approval to the superintendent on all coaches. Ensures that all coaches and direct volunteers are Class A approved Special Olympics Ohio volunteers, including youth volunteers. Evaluates coaches for expectations and employment recommendations.
- Secures the Application for Participation and Official Special Olympics Release Form for each athlete and forwards a copy to Special Olympics Ohio and secures a copy at the Crawford and Morrow CB.
- Secures officials (both paid and volunteer) and payment for hired officials for needed athletic events. Communicates with assigned officials, providing date of contest, location, teams involved, and name and number of contact person.
- Acts as a host for home contests and may attend Special Olympics Ohio tournament and summer games. Prepares announcer forms for athletic events.
- Secures transportation for away athletic events. Fills out all needed paperwork, such as, Bus Permit form and prepares travel list for away bus trips.
- Sets an example of professionalism for coaches, athletes, and parents in the performance of duties.
- Prepares a budget for the Special Olympics Athletic Program. Organizes and participates in fundraising activities. Maintains all financial information for Crawford CB and Morrow CB Special Olympics program, including all banking information. Provides regular reports to supervisors of information.
- Provides exemplary customer service through courteous, responsive interactions with county board staff, providers, and individuals receiving services.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Possess a broad knowledge and have experience in the athletic field. Coaching experience or prior experience as an athletic director preferred.
- Must maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintain a status of insurability for motor vehicle insurance in accordance with Clearwater policy.
- Have knowledge of budgeting procedures and good purchasing practices. Experience in supervising personnel (coaches), managing in areas of position description. Ability to work and complete assignments independently within defined timelines and must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- 120 hours per month, approximately 28 hours per week, generally between the hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm. May work evenings, weekends and flexible hours as needed based on operational need.
- OPERS Retirement system
- Sick Time
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Beth Schanke, HR Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org.